Before you buy
Below are a few things you need to know or consider before you purchase a goat from us.
- Disbudded, if not already polled.
- Treated holistically for coccidiosis between 3-12 weeks.
- Wormed with herbal wormer.
- Will receive no vaccinations as we are a vax-free herd.
- We are a CAE, CL, and Johnes free herd.
- Kids are bottle-raised and ready to go to their new homes at 2 weeks.
- All kids or milkers will come with a packet that includes all registration/transfer paperwork, disease testing, and any other pertinent info concerning the animal you choose.
– Be sure you are committed. There is a lot of work that goes into caring for goats. Please remember as well that goats are social animals, we will not allow goats to be purchased if they are going to be by themselves.
-Understand that it takes a lot of effort, research, and expense to develop a good milking goat. There are countless hours spent in feeding, breeding, deworming, hoof-trimming, the kidding season, training new does to the milking routine, weaning kids, the cost of good breeding stock; the list is neverending. Our animals are priced according to the market for registered Mini-Nubians that are disbudded/polled, disease-free, and out of high-quality milking genetics. No one gets rich selling goats; we aim to break even. This is more of a labor of love (and obsession? haha) than a business. We love what we’re doing and enjoy sharing good quality animals with new herd owners!
– Our animals come from a disease-free herd. In order to remain this way, we do not allow goats to be taken off our property and then brought back where they can compromise our herd. Once the animal leaves our property, we cannot guarantee your success with the animal as there are many contributing factors. It is the responsibility of the owner to research and be knowledgeable about the care of goats. We will give reasonable support to buyers, but we do not offer returns or exchanges once a sale is final.
We hope to be able to send our beautiful animals to a happy and loving home with you. We just ask that you know what you are getting into and are knowledgeable. We’d hate for you to lose a loved pet or production animal.